|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5527|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Our client a global manufacturer is currently seeking a Distribution Supervisor for their North York facility.|
Position Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Shifts: Day (7am – 3pm) or Afternoon (3pm – 11:30pm)
Distribution Supervisor duties will include:
• Lead and deliver best in class safety standards across all departmental activities through further enabling our employee led safety culture including BBS and Act programs
• Drive outstanding performance across quality, accuracy, productivity and fostering a continuous improvement mind-set to deliver the best in class result.
• Planning and leading day to day operations of the Order Processing department.
• Work with the distribution manager to develop and deliver labor management strategies to execute the operational objectives.
• Develop, measure and drive the planning and execution of Department Key Performance Indications (KPI’s) to meet or exceed the Best in Class benchmarks
• Analyze key processes, metrics and identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives
• Ensure that all Quality Control and Industrial Safety Standards are communicated to all employees
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and conduct expected by Company standards
• Ensure all employees are trained and adhere to EHS and GMP SOP’s to contribute to a safe working environment.
• Prioritize demands based on business needs
• Responsible to implement and train members on all policies and procedures including, SOP’s, Health and Safety, WHMIS, Loss Prevention, Human Resource Policies
• College Diploma or University Degree in a related field (Engineering/Science/Business Admin etc.)
• Professional Certification is an asset (P.Log.; CITT; CSCMP)
• Previous Supervisory experience in a high volume, fast paced distribution or manufacturing environment an asset
• Lean Six Sigma or Continuous Improvement experience an asset
• Ability to simultaneously maintain a high degree of safety and quality.
• WHMIS, GMP, Health & Safety knowledge
• Demonstrates high ethical standard and professional conduct
• Adept at managing competing priorities and time sensitive commitments
• Problem assessment and superior problem-solving mindset
• Ability to modify or change established methods and procedures with a focus on continuous process improvement
• Manage and lead a large group of employees
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills (internal/external)
• Ability to take initiative, strong work ethic and has a strong sense of urgency.
• Demonstrates agility, accountability and engages the team in order to deliver on business demands
• Strong knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
• SAP and WMS experience an asset