|Branch Name:||Direct Hire||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5868828||Job ID:||5476|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
A client-focused, mid-sized professional accounting firm, is looking to add to our team of professionals at our Aylmer office. Our client prides itself on developing a well-balanced team of professionals, built to get to know and provide superior service to our clients.
• Leading engagements with small to medium-sized entities in a broad range of industries on a variety of engagements including notice to reader, review and audit engagements.
• Reviewing corporate tax returns
• Reviewing and finalizing personal tax returns as requested
• Additional compliance reporting, as required
• Identifying value-added services for clients relating to tax planning and other special services
• Responsible for ensuring that work is managed effectively and staff are appropriately assigned to tasks
• Supporting Partners to develop strong ongoing relationships with clients.
• Mentoring and supporting staff in their development is prioritized in our training culture
• Significant involvement in maintaining the firm’s commitment to quality through active participation on firm committees.
• The manager reports to the Partners/Associate, individually and as a group
• Responsible for the mentoring and supervision of staff members
Skills, Experience & Attributes
• 5+ years of experience within a Public Accounting Firm
• Bachelors Degree & CPA (CA, CGA, or CMA) designation
• Excellent client service skills with a working knowledge of the client’s business
• Compelling presentation skills and confidence in sharing technical information with clients and staff.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting, assurance and review standards and able to manage the efficient design of engagement procedures
• Recent experience managing assurance and non-assurance engagements
• Advanced working knowledge of ASPE and ASNPO Accounting Standards and related technical literature; PSAB knowledge considered an asset
• Advanced understanding of owner, manager and personal tax concepts