|Branch Name:||Direct Hire||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5868828||Job ID:||5302|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Details of the job are mentioned below; if this position is of interest, please forward a copy of your resume in Word Format and your Salary Expectations.|
Please also indicate a good time for me to call you or feel free to contact me ASAP
To perform installations, service, repairs, and preventative maintenance on fully automated overhead door & gate systems for residential, commercial and industrial sites.
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for the installation, repairing, and maintenance of a variety of equipment
• Assigned a list of service calls and expected to complete work orders and ensure fulfillment of parts
• Diagnoses/troubleshoots problems, provides solutions, and carries out required work.
• Inspect service vehicle and report any maintenance problems to the Service Manager
• Restock truck with service parts. Always keep trucks well stocked & organized.
• Experience working on mechanical, hydraulic pneumatic, and electrical systems
• Ability to read schematics and blue prints an asset
• Overhead door technicians work year-round in all weather conditions. Working with lifting components can be dangerous and requires mandatory safe work practices including the use of personal protective equipment. Technicians normally work a 40-hour week with overtime required to meet project deadlines.
• Ability follow directions and standard operating procedures
• Ability to use hand held tools, saws, routers, cutting tools as well as measuring equipment such as tape measure
• Always work safe!
• Drivers license in good standing
• Fall Protection
• Physical coordination, able to lift and maneuver 50-100 lbs.
• Attention to detail with a focus on safety and quality
• Fork lift and Scissors lift training is an asset
• Mechanical aptitude
• Basic electrical aptitude
• Basic trouble shooting abilities
• Excellent customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Comfortable with heights (ladders &lifts)
• As the successful applicant, you will have a High School Diploma or equivalent, minimum of 2-3 years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, door & gate systems, basic electrical, and completion of an applicable technical training program is desirable.