|Position:||Hydraulic Test Technician||Category:|
|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5282|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Job Summary: Working as a Test Technician, your role is to conduct performance and qualification testing to military specifications in accordance with established test procedures. After on-the-job experience and product knowledge is achieved, occasional travel to perform field service installation, maintenance and repair will be required. Must possess a valid passport with no restrictions to travel.|
• Installation and set-up of production naval equipment into test rigs/fixtures.
• Operation/functional loading of test articles.
• Qualifying test data acquired through various test procedures.
• Operate/configure data acquisition to meet test requirements.
• Carry out routine preventative maintenance on test equipment.
• Routine clean-up of work area.
• Documenting standard work.
• Implementing LEAN initiates.
• Usage of forklift and crane to handle large test items.
• Adherence to OSHA safety regulations.
• Ensure all work is performed according to the Quality Management System (QMS).
• Trained and experience in the safe connection and operation of equipment using voltages up to 600VAC 3ø.
• Trained and experience in working safely and hydraulic equipment operating at 5000 psi.
• Must be able to read and interpret electrical, electronic and complex industrial hydraulic schematics.
• Previous experience in testing and troubleshooting industrial equipment.
• Environmental Stress Screening experience would be considered an asset.
• Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and LABView data acquisition (DAQ) software would be an asset.
• Previous customer interaction would be an asset.
• Understanding of LEAN principles and LEAN manufacturing.
• Diploma or certificate from an accredited technical institute.
• A strong technical background in both hydraulics and electrical electronic controls plus hands on experience in the operation of these types of equipment.