|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5271|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Details of the job are mentioned below; if this position is of interest, please forward a copy of your resume in Word Format and your Salary Expectations.|
Please also indicate a good time for me to call you or feel free to contact me ASAP
Job Purpose Summary
The main purpose of this position is to ensure the uninterrupted throughput of material. This includes but is not limited to the following:
• Meeting schedules
• Working within a team environment
• Ensuring all aspects of work is done with an eye to Safety, Quality & Production in that order.
The Operator’s primary responsibility is to produce a quality product in a safe, productive and profitable manner following the Production Run instructions using Stratix.
The Slitter Operator also functions as the team leader and is responsible for guiding the slitting crew throughout the operational processes. The operator must be proficient in all aspects of the slitting process.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Verify Production Run Package information for accuracy
• Supply Slitting Team with set up and process instruction
• Verify correct coils are supplied for the production run performing required verification checks
• Ensure slitter set up is correct including gamma gauge monitoring equipment
• Process coils ensuring quality and customer tolerances are adhered to.
• Complete all associated documentation and reports (Slitting Production Report, Slitting Report, Bailey Maintenance inspection, Internal Non-Conformance Report) encompassing Stratix functions
• Monitor/Inspect equipment for safe operation and/or any maintenance requirements
• Communicate timely and effectively with all employees, supervisors, and plant manager
• Demonstrates good housekeeping and maintaining a clean and safe work environment
• Responsible for the safety of his team members; should never operate the machine when someone is inside the guarded area
• All other duties appropriate to the position as assigned or required by the supervisor
• Ability to lift up to 50 LBS
• PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) must be worn as recommended. This includes wearing CSA approved steel toe safety shoes at all times. Will also include Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection; arm guards/long sleeved shirt & full-length pants. Do not wear loose clothing while operating any machinery. No loose jewellery.
• Comply with all safety rule, cardinal rules, and equipment specific safety rules.
• Report any damages to the radiation devices immediately
• Comply with radiation safety program and procedures
• Ensure that co-workers work safely and report all unsafe practices.
• No equipment, tools, machinery will be used without authorization and training.
• Do not place hands or fingers near rolls during jogging operation to avoid pinch points.
• Must be alert to all forklift and crane traffic and movement in the plant areas.
• At no time will an employee walk under a raised lift of materials.
• All manual handling will be performed using proper safety techniques.
• Report all hazards, accidents, incidents and near misses promptly to the supervisor.
• Comply with all company safety program requirements including ESRTW (Early & Safe Return to Work), Lockout, Pre-use inspection, etc. as delineated in the Health and Safety Manual & Employee Handbook.