|Position:||CNC Vertical Lathe Machinist||Category:|
|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5242|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
• Set-up and operate machinery to blueprint specifications
• Modify CNC programs as required
• Analyze “out of tolerance” conditions and make needed adjustments
• Produce parts to the highest-level finishes and tolerances
• Use various measuring tools and instruments for precision measuring
• Read part drawings with sectional views
• Identify, select, and prepare tooling
• Move controls to set speeds and feed rates as is required.
• Lifts and positions work piece manually or with a hoist, and secures it to chuck or work table. Some parts are up to 1000 lbs with average weights being around 80lbs. Crane training will be provided.
• Track time spent on jobs through Company ERP interaction.
• Demonstrate personal leadership; actively participate in or lead problem solving and Kaizen efforts.
• Practice good communication with employees at all levels
• Demonstrate flexibility when confronted with high stress or emergency situations, priority changes, or schedule adjustments
• Interact professionally when interacting with other team members
• Work in an environmentally responsible manner consistent with company ISO14001 objectives
• Understand and support Company philosophies, goals and directions
• Produce and maintain a consistent quality of work
• Recommend improvements for area product and processes
• Follow the Plant standards in areas of housekeeping, attendance and teamwork.
• Other duties as may be required
• High school education
• Technical school – Certified General Machinist
• Five years of related experience or training in the area of set-up and operation of CNC lathes or CNC Vertical mills and heavy machining. Minimum 5 years’ experience with metal cutting;
• Mazak Megaturn VTL experience a plus
• General computer knowledge
• Must be able to understand Fanuc controls (Turning)
• Must be able to understand and read blue prints
• Must be able to understand written and verbal directions
• Crane experience an asset (Jib and Overhead)
• Must be a Permanent Resident