|Position:||Machine Shop Supervisor - FT/ Perm||Category:||
|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5179|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Details of the job are mentioned below; if this position is of interest, please forward a copy of your resume in Word Format and your Salary Expectations.
Please also indicate a good time for me to call you or feel free to contact me ASAP
• Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the department and its employees; including all performance management, time-keeping, and safety procedures.
• Work with sales team and other facilities to expedite shop orders through department.
• Coordinate with management/employees from other departments in the manufacturing process.
• Help team to maintain machines and work area in a clean and safe manner.
• Constant presence on the shop floor
• Hands on duties on conventional and CNC equipment
Key Qualifications & Competencies
• Must be able to supervise Day Shift and be available before and after shift
• Must have a minimum of 2years of supervisory experience
• Technical College Degree or Engineering and/or related work experience
• Working knowledge of manual conventional & CNC equipment (lathes, gear cutting, hobbing)
• Must be able to multi-task on a consistent basis throughout the shift
• Must be able to communicate professionally with machinists, supervisors, and managers
• Requires good math skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete logs and reports as required
• Familiarity with Microsoft AX 2012 ERP system for manufacturing scheduling and routing
• Requires ability to read and comprehend shop drawings
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Must have a reliable vehicle
• Must have strong work ethics and excellent attendance
• Must be able to establish and follow the priorities
• Must have ability to recognize potential situations and take appropriate actions
• Must know and understand Compliance as it relates to regulations involving Safety and employment standards
• Must be result oriented