|Position:||Machine Shop Technician - Mazak||Category:|
|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5168|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
Reporting to the Night Shift Shop Supervisor, as the Machine Shop Technician, you will produce aircraft parts to drawing on the Mazak/Millturn machines. The successful candidate must be willing to multitask and cross-train on all machines within the cell, as required.
Hours of Work: Night Shift (11 pm – 7 am)
• Perform own manual set-ups by positioning and aligning tooling per set-up instructions using CNC programming language (G codes).
• Maintain tolerances by observing the operation and making necessary machine offset adjustments, cutter changes and performing self-inspection (SI&A).
• Document actions in support of quality logs, communicate all discrepancies in machining to supervision and create Product Defect Sheets(PDS) as required.
• Perform work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets and drawings.
• Support and promote continuous improvement, 5S activities and Standard Work Development in the cell.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years' machining experience with experience running Mazak/Millturn machines.
• Certificate of Qualifications (C of Q) is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to reposition components by respecting all minimum wall conditions to meet drawing requirements after final machining operations are performed.
• Ability to multi-task as required.
• Knowledge of Mazak controls is nice to have.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize measuring equipment in support of quality requirements and read and interpret blueprints.
• Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
• Willingness to train and operate other machines in the cell and willingness to work overtime
• Successful candidates must meet and be cleared under all requirements relating to ITAR and CGD