|Position:||Production Lead Hand||Category:|
|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5164|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Shift: 7:30am – 4pm|
Principal Responsibilities and duties:
• Ensure daily Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost deliverables are met within work group.
• Train operators as required by the Supervisor to achieve versatility.
• Support operators with tooling, advice, raw material availability (i.e. do everything to keep operators at their machine).
• Provide a safe working environment for staff. Provide PPE where/when required.
• Address operator concerns with respect to Quality and Safety.
• Inform supervisor of manpower allocation issues.
• Inform supervisor when “Support” organizations are needed (i.e. Quality, Engineering, Purchasing, Maintenance).
• Report daily issues at morning and afternoon production meetings.
• Ensure all 5S (good housekeeping) policies/processes are adhered to within work group.
• Other projects as assigned by the Plant Supervisor.
Employee core competencies:
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Interpersonal/leadership skills
• Education: High School
Experience and required skills:
• 5 years Manufacturing experience
• Fork lift experience
• Degree/Diploma would be an asset
Physical Requirements/work environment:
• Some noise exposure
• PPE (i.e. safety glasses) must be worn in the plant.
• Some potential tripping/slipping hazards