|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5091|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Job Title: Production Supervisor |
Work Hours: Continental Shift, Night/Days
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Job Status: Fulltime, Permanent
Benefits: Health and Dental Included after 3 months
The Production Supervisor supervises hourly staff on a continental shift within a 24/7 operation. Manages high volume manufacturing processes to meet operational objectives. This individual will supervise, plan, lead, and direct activities of personnel engaged in the manufacturing of Plastic sheets for food packaging containers.
• Plan and lead the activities of production processes and personnel in night/day rotating shifts during the manufacturing of products.
• Direct production operations in accordance with established priorities and sequences for manufacturing products using knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities and management of personnel.
• Advise plant managers about production issues and offer suggestions for changes in working conditions, production procedures, and the use of equipment and personnel.
• Meet or exceed goals established for safety, labor efficiencies, schedule attainment, scrap, rework, and any other production related goals.
• Train new employees in the manufacturing operation as needed; provide on-going staff training on revised manufacturing procedures such as run sheets, SOPS, new machinery/equipment etc.
• Ensure compliance with company safe operating policies and procedures.
• Post-secondary education in Engineering or equivalent technical work experience.
• A minimum 3 years of experience in a 24/7 running manufacturing facility.
• Minimum of 2 year’s experience in a supervisory/team leader capacity with demonstrated leadership skills including mentoring/coaching of personnel.
• Experience in plastic manufacturing environment especially Thermoforming is preferred.
• Must be flexible to rotate shifts