|Position:||Maintenance Mechanic (Machine Shop)||Category:|
|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5051|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Reporting to the Supervisor of Maintenance, as the Maintenance Technician (Mechanical). The successful applicant will support all Facility and Maintenance responsibilities including Machine Shop, Plating Department, Engineering Test Lab and all other areas of the plant.|
• Extremely Safety conscious, practice safe work habits and maintain work areas in a 5S environment. Follow and enforce all company safety policies with great care and due diligence.
• To maintain and support the facility and all facility and production related equipment.
• Respond to equipment breakdowns or malfunctions on a priority basis. Analyze, identify, evaluate and troubleshoot the problems to determine the points of errors and make the necessary repairs. Identify the RCCA and turn backs to make the necessary proactive measures to eliminate future equipment issues.
• This position requires a sound knowledge of Machine Tool including troubleshooting and repairs of production machines, CNC and Conventional. This would also include completing the following troubleshooting and/or repairs on CNC machine tools: Automatic tool changers, Work/ Pallet Changers, Axis support/motor replacement and main spindle support/motor replacement etc.
• Demonstrated proficiency reading and interpretation of schematics, both North American and European, and have a full understanding of Feedback devices, Measuring systems (Heidenhain, Inductosyn etc.), Relay logic, Electronics, PLC, and Motor controls both VSD’s and conventional.
• Proficiency with Mechanical/Hydraulic and Pneumatic concepts related to Machine tools.
• Completing SAP work orders with accurate notations and files on the equipment and also ordering the necessary parts as required.
• Fully support ACE (The United Technologies Operating System) with focus on the TPM process.
• Coordinating and scheduling repairs with Shop load and/or contractors.
• Experience in Vibration analysis and/or Laser operations, Machine alignments, and general Machine tool maintenance.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
• Ability to operate CNC controls in Maintenance mode.
• Strong understanding of Machine diagnostics.
• Certificate from a University, College or Technical school in the trade of Licensed Mechanic/Millwright (433A) is Mandatory and holding and Industrial Electrician License (442) is considered an asset.
• Minimum 5 - 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment; previous experience with CNC PLC controls / drives is required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
• Strong communication and computer skills.
• Candidate must meet all requirements under ITAR/CCGP.