|Position:||Plastic Production Supervisor||Category:|
|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5050|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
The Production Supervisor supervises hourly staff on a continental shift within a 24/7 operation. Manages high volume manufacturing processes to meet operational objectives. While working within an industrial plant, this individual will supervise, plan, lead, and direct activities of personnel engaged in the manufacturing of Plastic sheets for food packaging containers.
• Plan and lead the activities of production processes and personnel in night/day rotating shifts during the manufacturing of products.
• Direct production operations in accordance with established priorities and sequences for manufacturing products using knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities and management of personnel.
• Advise plant managers about production issues and offer suggestions for changes in working conditions, production procedures, and the use of equipment and personnel.
• Meet or exceed goals established for safety, labor efficiencies, schedule attainment, scrap, rework, and any other production related goals.
• Train new employees in the manufacturing operation as needed; provide on-going staff training on revised manufacturing procedures such as run sheets, SOPS, new machinery/equipment etc.
• Ensure compliance with company safe operating policies and procedures.
• Monitor the performance of all personnel and activities under supervision on a regular basis to ensure optimum performance and provides counselling and/or corrective action to associates not meeting expectations.
• Ensure all production equipment/processes are operating at optimum rates and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Report all equipment and building deficiencies to the Maintenance Manager and recommend replacements or overhauls as necessary.
• Analyze and resolve work issues and assist workers in solving work problems.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by Management.
Key Qualifications & Competencies
• Post-secondary education in Engineering or equivalent technical work experience.
• A minimum 3 years of experience in a 24/7 running manufacturing facility.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory/team leader capacity with demonstrated leadership skills including mentoring/coaching of personnel.
• Experience in plastic manufacturing environment especially Thermoforming is preferred.
• Strong communicator, both written and oral, who is confident, decisive, able to deal with conflict and yet achieves win-win results.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot various equipment operations to minimize downtime and put forward corrective actions.
• Experienced in computer and other production related software applications.
• Must be flexible to rotate shifts.