|Position:||Bilingual Technical Support Specialist||Category:|
|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||4903|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Bilingual (French/English) Technical Support Specialist for our head office in Richmond Hill, ON. Reporting to the Technical Product Manager, the position entails the following responsibilities:|
1. Customer Communication and Support
• Working within our support team respond to technical enquiries, problem diagnosis and resolution
• Remote support and maintenance of a Relational Database at various sites across Canada.
• Assign customer reported problems to team members and oversee their follow-up.
• Regular status updates to our customers.
• Participate in the on-call schedule to provide 24x7 customer support
2. Software Versions
• Determine presence of software issues and escalate where appropriate.
• Provide ongoing discussion with the development team.
• Maintain our customer records, ticket system and knowledge base.
• Document and duplicate software issues for further development.
4. Maintenance of Sites
• Perform regular site maintenance to proactively identify any potential system issues.
• Coordinate and apply software upgrades during customer downtime.
• Complete the required checklists for each upgrade and oversee the completion.
• Configuration and testing of HL7 interfaces
Other duties or projects as assigned.
Experience, Skills, Educational Requirements:
• Must be fluently bilingual in English and French (oral and written), with strong writing skills.
• BSc in Computer Science, Information Science, or Information Technology preferred.
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator preferred.
• Must be able to work on-call on evenings and weekends as needed.
• 3+ years of experience demonstrating customer relations skills.
• Ability to work with both technical and non-technical users.
• Good knowledge of networks and client/server applications.
• Must be organized and able to multi-task within a fast-paced work environment.
• Must be a flexible, self-starter with a strong work ethic.
• Must enjoy working with computers and demonstrate the ability and desire to increase their skills in computer technology.
• Must be comfortable interacting with staff at all levels.
• Familiar working within ISO policies and procedures.