|Position:||Senior Financial Analyst||Category:|
|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||4691|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Position Term: Full-Time, Permanent |
Location: Mississauga, ON
Supply Chain Duties
• Acts as a Company logistics subject matter expert.
• Analyzes current freight routings and method of transport for all customer shipments; proposes optimization opportunities, for all legal entities in the Company.
• Understands customer requirements and works to meet them in an efficient and cost effective manner.
• Evaluates impacts of changes to the network including both new product and new asset introductions among others.
• Tracks key performance indicators.
• Works closely within the reporting network of the Director of North American Supply Chain and Logistics; leveraging others’ understanding of Sales Forecasting, Production Planning and Manufacturing Scheduling.
• Works with customer service and freight teams and highlights implications of deficiencies.
• Monitors industry wide best practices; offers improvement opportunities to the business.
• Understands logistics information systems well and is a power user.
• Prepares the annual budget for freight in liaison with the logistics and operations teams.
• Works with manufacturing finance teams at each mill to aid in the preparation of warehousing cost budgets.
• Prepares freight accruals as necessary at month-end.
• Reports monthly on actual freight and warehousing cost trends and comparison to budget.
• Fully understands all freight and warehousing accounting in order to explain actual cost to budget variances.
• In conjunction with manufacturing facility finance teams, understands warehousing cost drivers and works directly with manufacturing facility logistics teams to build improvements.
• Ensures performance vs. budget by monitoring and managing costs and variances to budget
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business/Commerce
• 5-7 years of business experience in accounting or supply chain/logistics
• An accounting designation (CPA) or nearing completion
• Must be proficient in using Microsoft Excel and large financial systems including knowledge of SAP
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to plan and organize own work activities, manage work time efficiently, and work independently
• Proven analytical skills in a complex environment as well as ability to develop sound recommendations and solutions
• Ability to partner with managers and employees to positively impact and influence business results
• Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for independent judgment
• Communicate effectively in writing and verbally, and ability to develop presentations and present them to employees at various levels of the organization
• Consistent track record for executing performance objectives and delivering results
• Other key competencies include: candor/integrity, team work, problem solving, and customer focus