|Position:||Quality & Regulatory Affairs Associate||Category:|
|Branch Name:||Direct Hire||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5868828||Job ID:||4642|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Position Term: Permanent|
Location: Brampton, ON
Business Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
This position reports into the Quality and Regulatory Affairs Manager. The person will therefore be collaborating with team members and manager at distance. The person will work in an office environment, ensuring compliance with all law and regulations surrounding the distribution of ingredients, including importation and exportations.
· Ensure to take all required actions when performing tasks to be compliance with quality and regulatory standards supporting company operations (eg: ISO, RD, TDG, GMP, WHIMIS / EC GHS.)
· Act as a resource person for the implementation and monitoring of the health and safety rules of the Brampton workplace (office and warehouse)
· Perform internal and external audits in accordance with the established procedures and deadlines
· Process requests for non-compliance as well as customer or suppliers complaints and ensure follow-up until files completion and documentation.
· Establish or propose corrective and/or preventive actions and ensure their internal implementation and monitoring.
· Validating Certificates of Analysis (CofA) versus the specifications for all products and treat anomalies when required.
· Identifying how to dispose quarantined products (quarantine warehouse) and coordinate disposal process.
· Establish the product importation limits as per regulation when applicable
· Prepare and submit permit requests according to the various regulations and business needs.
· Ensure tracking of any changes affecting permit and/or importation
· Contribute to the development and maintenance of the emergency response assistance plan (ERAP)
· Submit nominations and notifications of products
· Identify the impact of changes or additions of law and regulations on the business operations. When necessary, update internal and external procedures and coordinate the implementation of changes.
· Resolve common problematic situations by interacting with customers, suppliers and internal departments.
· Develop expertise in relation to products and regulations for industries served in order to provide updated information and respond quickly and accurately to customer requests and suppliers
· University degree in Chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical or other scientific discipline
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a quality and regulatory position either in the Distribution of Chemical or a similar industry
· Work experience in an ISO certified environment
· Knowledge of laws and regulations related to importation
· Knowledge, and ideally certification when applicable, in GMP, TDG, WHIMIS, Controlled substances, Environment Canada and Health Canada
· Able to work with autonomy - Well organized - Recognize priorities and manages accordingly
· Proven ability to efficiently interact and works with the different authorities, customers, suppliers and colleagues.
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Proven ability to manage details on multiple projects simultaneously
· Show strong organizational and time management skills
· Strong PC skills, including experience using MS Office, Outlook, ERP, specialized software and Internet
Will be considered as an Asset:
· Health and safety training, certification or experience
· Knowledge of The Canadian Association of Chemical Distributors (CACD)
· Work experience with remote team members and manager.
The successful candidate requires minimal supervision, work well in a fast paced changing environment, communicate in a constructive manner and demonstrate internal team spirit.
If this position is of interest, please forward a copy of your resume in Word format and your Salary Expectation.
Please also indicate a good time for me to call you or feel free to contact me ASAP.
Thank you and I look forward to discussing this position further.