|Position:||Bilingual Human Resources Generalist||Category:||
|Branch Name:||Direct Hire||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5868828||Job ID:||5415|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
The Human Resources Generalist – Eastern Region, is responsible for supporting HR of the organization’s Eastern Region locations. This position will be responsible in supporting human resources strategy by overseeing HR administration, and administering HR policies, programs and practices. The Human Resources Generalist supports the day to day operations of the HR department, team, collaborates with all departments, and plays a key role in the communications of the business as an advisory to branch management.
• Customer Focus
• Energy & Stress Management
• Team Work
• Quality Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Ethics and Integrity
• Operating Equipment
• A university degree or college diploma in Human Resources Management or Business Management.
• Charter Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation or progress towards completion is an asset.
• 4-6 years of experience in a generalist position related to HR management required. Other management level/customer focused experience is an asset.
• Knowledgeable with provincial legislation, HR resources and has demonstrated abilities in an advisory function
• Experience delivering HR services within a multi-unit operational environment preferred.
• Experience in a similar industry is an asset.
Technical Skills/Job Knowledge
• Must be Bi-lingual (English/French), both fluent in verbal and written (Quebec French)
• Knowledge of employment law and provincial regulation across multiple jurisdictions
• Experience supporting a multi-site operational environment preferred.
• Must be computer savvy, experienced and knowledgeable with Microsoft Office suite -Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (advanced Excel preferred).
• Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in human resources including HRIS, file management, and compensation & benefits administration.
• Occupational Health and Safety Regulation/ Worker’s Compensation knowledge an asset.
• Communicates effectively and diplomatically orally and in writing.
• Effective business writing and presentation skills.
• Highly developed, demonstrated strong communication and teamwork skills.
• Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality and tact.
• Commitment to continuous learning.
• Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and to branch leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a high-pace volume work environment.
• Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
• Supports open communications; contributes to the development of people policy and procedures to support the business and adhere to legal/regulatory compliance; drives consistency of Company’s people practices
• Provides day-to-day guidance and advisement to managers and to employees regarding HR programs, practices, and policy interpretation.
• Guides line management on employee performance opportunities and improvement
• Assists in managing the performance appraisal review process and systems
• Undertakes analysis and reporting of HR Metrics: recruitment; turnover/retention; productivity, learning and other key performance indicators.
• Supports the HR department’s Strategy through involvement with training, program and policy development initiatives
• Advises managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures; notifies applicants of results of selection process and prepares job offers
• Works closely with the HR Coordinator on recruitment activities
• Determine eligibility to entitlements, arrange staff training and recognition programs.
• Co-ordinates the termination of employment process; conducts exit interviews and/or coordinates exit surveys
• Fosters a customer focused orientation and a recognition based culture
• Participates in onboarding and orientation activities
• Works in partnership with Health, Safety and Environment team to assist in driving a health and safety culture and participates in the HSE Health Safety &Environment Committee
• Performs filing and record-keeping duties
• Works on other ad-hoc projects, reporting, and duties as assigned