|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5257|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Position Overview: |
As a Senior Estimator located at our Calgary facility, the incumbent will be responsible to perform analytical tasks for the determination of costs, standards and revenue associated with production and distribution of all products (Vehicles, Drilling units and Custom Equipment). Also will be compiling and analyzing data on all factors that can influence costs- such as materials, labor, location and special machinery requirements
• Review all sales quotations, obtain an understanding of the complete scope of the equipment offered
• Analyze job specifications to ensure all required information for calculating cost is included.
• Calculate total costs for both proposed and actual jobs to include comparison of quantities and alternative production methods.
• Secure quotations from vendors on quotes
• Ensure costing of modules is current as it relates to Quoting and Estimating.
• Analyze results of job cost studies to determine accuracy of estimating standards; report variances to manager; assist in compiling cost data for job cost system; assist in establishing and revising production standards.
• Develop an effective system for an accurate Quoting and Estimating process.
• Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate
• Assist in the maintenance of the Bill of Materials system for subsequent use by Material Management, Manufacturing, Engineering and sales.
• Translate sales requirements into selection of appropriate modules to build the product Release
• Actively manage the Release Procedure
• Liaison with all departments on issues created with release revisions
• Set up and maintain a master Configurator for each of the Vehicles, Drills and other products.
• Coordinate the establishment and maintenance of price books and lists for capital sales.
• Gather information from several sources including Engineering, Sales, Manufacturing, Field Service, Third parties and historical information to formulate BOM's for production and prototype units.
• Participate in Quote review, Production, Sales and BOM start up meetings.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
• Use current ERP System (Visibility)
• Strong mechanical aptitude or a Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma
• Good oral, written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills a must
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and hydraulic schematics
• Candidate must have a minimum of 5 year of estimating experience in the mobile equipment manufacturing industry
• Must have knowledge and experience in preparing project cost estimates
• Field experience is a definite asset
• Proficiency in the full range of Microsoft Office Professional products, and data base applications
• Ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills, people skills and mentoring skills
• Relocation will be considered for the right candidate