|Position:||Bilingual Proposal Coordinator||Category:|
|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5216|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
The Bilingual Proposal Coordinator is responsible for proposal development processes. This position involves the ownership and day-to-day coordination of the proposal submission, and requires close interaction with the Sales, Marketing, Management, and Senior Leadership teams.
• Proactively collaborates with internal teams/departments to promote a culture of inclusiveness and cooperation
• Responsible to live and exemplify company Values: Integrity, Accountability, People, and Performance
• Primary point of contact for proposal inquiries from internal and external customers
• Seeks bid opportunities by reviewing websites and shared inbox for review with internal stakeholders. Leads the bid/no bid decision and manages the response process.
• Works with the sales, marketing, and internal teams to create RFP submissions that are responsive, compliant, comprehensive, professional, and consistent with company’s policies
• Build strong partnerships with all stakeholders including Sales Reps, Commercial Leaders and Marketing
• Content management for common proposal sections such as past performance, resumes, and reusable product and services descriptions.
• Responsible for designing, formatting, and producing proposal templates, documents, and related materials. Edits for grammar, punctuation, capitalization, clarity, readability, consistency, and persuasiveness.
• Ensures the writing structure and words used in the proposal persuasively convey the bid strategy to the customer.
• Manages proposal development (e.g., written, oral, demonstrations), including maintaining schedules, organizing resources, inputs and reviews, ensuring compliance, resolving internal team issues, and providing process leadership.
• Ensures secure storage and electronic filing of all proposal submissions, and financial reviews and approvals
• Manages proposal production, including printing, assembly, and final check of proposal documents, for traditional print and electronic submissions
• Develop product working knowledge
• Maintains a good understanding of procurement at the hospital, regional, provincial, and national buying group levels to ensure alignment with customer and government-imposed terms & conditions
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Working knowledge of contract terminology, practices and concepts, or demonstrated ability to quickly acquire working knowledge of similarly complex areas of knowledge
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, with specific focus on Excel and Word formatting and functions
• Demonstrated ability to apply strong organizational and time management skills in the context of a complex, high volume work load
• Utilizes technology-based tools and processes and demonstrates ability to learn and employ new technology applications
• Strong service ethic and desire to succeed in a customer service-oriented environment
• Proactive, self-motivating and results oriented
• Proven analytical, written and verbal communication skills