|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5209|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
The role of the Shipping Supervisor is to distribute the workload to shipping staff and to ensure orders are shipped in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide feedback to managers on issues impacting workflow
• Evaluate work processes for efficiency
• Utilize internal ERP system, to facilitate transportation planning and scheduling.
• Track shipments from pick-up through delivery so that accurate, up-to-date information can be provided regarding any shipment, update on the transportation system.
• Organize and maintain hard copy and electronic documentation supporting order fulfillment, pricing, and contractual obligations.
• Issue necessary industry documentation, air waybills, bills of lading, carrier instructions based on the mode of transport required.
• Able to communicate with drivers to ensure smooth delivery of freight in a timely manner.
• Assist with general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment
• Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as purchase orders, or invoices, to verify the accuracy of shipment
• Release orders and assign work to pickers accordingly.
• Work closely with customer service reps to ensure orders are shipped on the requested date with the requested shipping method.
• Manage and coordinate all containers activities upon arrival.
• Manage all courier supplies.
• Invoice orders after shipping.
• Document and address receiving discrepancies
• Co-ordinate, schedule and arrange inbound and outbound shipments.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience supervising a Shipping Department.
• Strong understanding and knowledge of BOSS wave planning software is needed to evaluate issues and to maximize efficiency
• Great customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to supervise a team of people and provide direction.
• Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment and AS400 (preferred).
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.