|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||5112|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Reporting to the Plant Manager. the Shift Supervisor shall ensure that products are produced while meeting the production schedule, product quality, packaging and safety requirements of the company. This includes employee scheduling, liaising with all departments including production scheduling, shipping and maintenance. |
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the daily activities of workers and temp workers to ensure orders can be completed meeting customers & inter-departmental requirements.
• Conduct and document daily workplace walks; inspect product quality; observe for unsafe acts and unsafe conditions; and resolve workers and safety concerns and problems.
• Set-up equipment and troubleshoot quality and machine problems and ensure that systems/equipment operate efficiently and effectively.
• Ship and receive loads (using forklift or overhead crane) as required.
• Constantly monitor the production line to ensure master coils are staged and slit coils are relieved from the line and placed into proper warehouse storage locations.
• Review all work performed by employees for completion and accuracy.
• Identify and implement work measures to improve work methods, products, productivity, safety, and quality of products.
• Review all reports, identify issues, report and take corrective actions.
• Participate in plant training programs recommended by the Plant Manager.
• Provide assistance as required including assistance in slitting and packaging operation.
• Coordinate PM activities on production equipment and conduct minor repairs as required.
• Understand, support and promote all aspects of the corporate Health & Safety program.
• Correct and communicate any unsafe acts/conditions to Plant/Safety Manager.
• Perform regular workplace inspections, both scheduled and unscheduled.
• Conduct regular safety talks with employees.
• Monitor accident frequency and history and analysis injury data.
• Report all accidents/incidents promptly, conduct investigation & act on recommendations.
• Comply with all in-house safety programs, confidentiality and legal requirements.
• Review all work performed by production employees for completion, accuracy and quality and identify their performance requirements and company training needs.
• Conduct and document regular monthly crew meetings to discuss, review and implement items such as new procedures, re-visit existing procedures, company policies, and procedures, and safety talks.
• Conduct and/or oversee all on the job training of new or existing employees. Document all training.
• Assist in the development of succession planning for replacement of key employees.
• Promote team work within and across the departments.
• Participate in the selection process, performance review, discipline and training and recommend actions such as hiring, promotions and appropriate disciplinary actions.
• Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
• Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
• Participate in the company’s quarterly inventory count.
• Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the Plant Manager.