|Position:||Bilingual Payroll Administrator||Category:|
|Branch Name:||Direct Hire||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5868828||Job ID:||4769|
|Pay Info:||Order Type:||DH|
|Position Term: Full-Time, Permanent |
Location: North York, ON
• Perform benefits and full-cycle payroll administration for a National bi-weekly payroll (300+ associates) in sites across Ontario and Quebec
• Support the full payroll and benefits administration for the addition of employees of acquired legal entities
• Provide consistent quality of customer service resulting in client and associate satisfaction.
• Ensure a high degree of accuracy and strict adherence to deadlines in processing payroll data for multiple locations
• Adjust and maintain payroll data pertaining to new hires, terminations, wage increases, leaves of absence, etc.
• Reconcile issues relating to tax, deductions, calculation of pay and direct deposits
• Carry out month and year-end reconciliations for all payroll related accounts
• Provide support and resolution to employees and managers on payroll matters
• Administer the Group Benefit Plan and Group Retirement Plan.
• Ensure that payroll procedures are in compliance with all relevant Federal and Provincial legislation and Eurofins’ organizational policies.
• Prepare, distribute, collect, check and process time sheets in close cooperation with all applicable managers
• Process changes relating to payroll, benefits, and group retirement plan, i.e., salary increases, change of position, changes in personal information where employee does not have access
• Prepare and process all government remittances and third party requirements (for example Requirement to pay garnishee Family Responsibility Office, Receiver General Canada, Revenue Quebec).
• Prepare, update and keep records of vacation, personal and sick day status
• Respond to any employee inquiries in a timely manner.
• Process WSIB, CNESST, WorkSafe BC forms and claims.
• Prepare and process monthly report, including: (Payroll month-end report, FTE calculations, WSIB Monthly remittance)
• Prepare and process annual reports, including; Annual and Year End Report relating to earnings, taxable benefits, employee information resulting in correct T4 and RL-1 and final reports from the outside payroll provider.
• Prepare manual cheques, if/when required.
• Respond to any government or employee enquiry regarding pay or benefits.
• File payroll and benefit information.
• Maintain employee roster list and employee records
• Assist in immigration process for renewing and obtaining Canadian work permits
• Assist in drafting contract offers, extensions and internal employee adjustments
• Assist in onboarding for new hires
• Process employee organizational changes such as promotions, transfers, salary increases, hires, exits etc.
• Assist in job postings for HR / Recruitment
• Report to the Human Resources Manager
• Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related program – or equivalent experience
• Bilingualism – French & English is a mandatory requirement
• Completion of PCP Certification
• Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in payroll administration for both salaried and hourly employees
• Experience in Quebec payroll is a fundamental requirement
• Experience with Ceridian DayForce HCM is a strong asset
• Experience with MS Office, MS Excel and Data entry
• Experience with all Government Remittances, ROE and T4 and RL-1
• Basic accounting skills/background is an asset
This position is working in an office environment. Periodic weekend or evening work could occur but would not be a consistent expectation.
If this position is of interest, please forward a copy of your resume in Word format and your Salary Expectation or advise if you may know of anyone that might be interested.