|Branch Name:||Mississauga||Dress Code:|
|Branch Phone:||(905) 5688828||Job ID:||4701|
|Pay Info:||$43000.00 - $46000.00||Order Type:||TE|
|(6 month Contract) Coordinator, Flyer Production position. (43-46K/YR)|
Located in North York, Ontario.
Reporting directly to the, Manager Flyer Production, the incumbent produces and proofs the national flyer, as well as all other inserts distributed within the flyer, to ensure that the correct images, prices, optimum points, copies, correct dating and legal lines appear and are accurate. The incumbent coordinates all important emails, Promo Change Forms and Vendor Artwork into appropriate files ensuring flyers are updated as required during the production/proofing process. Works closely with Category Management to ensure shots are correct and requests samples needed from suppliers.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Detailed comparison between system and actual flyer at time of production as well as at each proofing stage. Reports any discrepancies to Category Manager to ensure systems are updated accordingly to avoid issues at store level.
• Pull all images, pricing and writes all flyer copies for each spot within the flyer and communicates all to 3rd party studio.
• Proof reads all flyers ensuring system and flyers are identical to avoid customer complaints at store level during the activation of a flyer.
• Ensures all changes to layouts, pricing, images and flyer dating are implemented during each proofing stage.
• Manages all changes to flyers requested from Category Managers in the soft proofing system, making decisions to approve or reject based upon various standards set within client’s flyer policies.
• Follows up at each proofing stage the discrepancies identified, to ensure Category Manager has made necessary changes and set up in system is done correctly as well as within necessary timelines for transmission/printing.
• Liaises with vendors to ensure artwork is provided within the correct timelines. Ensures vendor has provided correct information as well as meets vendor agreements for artwork placement within the flyer.
• Works with Copy Writing and Translation Departments to ensure copy for special inserts are submitted on time. Sends completed copy to 3rd party production studio for implementation into the flyers.
• Implements all changes requested by vendors for special inserts, and provides PDFs for vendor approvals prior to flyer printing.
• Liaises with 3rd party production studio ensuring correct images are archived in the database accordingly for all flyers.
• Leads regular meetings with Category Managers to discuss changes to flyer policies, formats and opportunities for growth in working relations as well as processes.
• Communicates to New, Renovated or Relocated stores, the details of their Grand Opening flyer.
• Communicates to all stores each week Flyer summaries which detail all Front Page, One Day Sale and Flap products that must be Prebooked by the stores during purchasing.
• Maintain 100% accuracy with the flyers at all times while working on extremely tight deadlines which are not flexible.
Skills, Knowledge & Education:
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues and outside vendors in every day working relationships.
? Requires an understanding of inter-related work processes to be able to adapt to differing assignments.
? Strong eye for detail
? Ability to work under extremely tight deadlines and immense pressure
? Strong priorities and deliverables management skills
? Provides routine information to coordinate the assignments and work procedures of others.
? Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with colleagues including senior management.
? Draws on a number of known options to solve problems and to develop improvements.
? Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
? Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required
? Required to be able to shift mindset quickly due to fast movement of projects.
? Computer skills to produce reports, documents and presentations.
Education & Job Knowledge:
• Post-secondary degree (college or university)
• 1 to 2 years business, marketing or equivalent experience.
· Proof-reading and/or copy writing experience